Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Growing Up

Malachi is growing so fast and becoming, as one of my friends says, a human!! This week has been a big week for him and it is only Wednesday. Sunday night I changed his car seat to front facing. On Monday morning taking him to daycare was pretty neat. He stared at me the whole time. I think he was not sure why he could see me! We have been having fights with the car seat for about a week now. He has not fussed once since changing it to front facing. We even were in the car yesterday for a long time and he was in the best mood ever. It is pretty fun to be able to hand him toys with out throwing them and hoping they don't nock him out. So this was the first step of him growing up.

The Second step was getting a BIG BOY HAIR CUT. Ok so he has already had the first hair cut at home. I trimmed it up in the back and front a little bit. That went fine, we were outside and he was distracted. Well if you have seen him in a while you have probably noticed that his hair is getting long again and looking a little unloved!! So yesterday afternoon we went to the little children's hair place. OK so this is a great idea and concept, put the kid in a fire truck and turn on a movie. The fire truck was ok but come on my son does not watch TV so the movie thing did not interest him at all. As soon as that lady touched his head with her hand he freaked out. I got one picture of him before I had to smock up and hold him. A much more seasoned stylist suggested that our stylist us the shears so out came the shears and we got the hair cut. Isn't he so big! Before After After

1 comment:

JimKels said...

Oh Em...his hair looks precious!! Did you cry when it was over??? It's ok to admit it!! :-) They do start to become human!! I'm glad turning the car seat around made a huge difference!! I cheated and turned Wesleigh's around when we turned 11 months and it is very very different!! If someone would have told me how quickly time goes by...I wouldn't have believed it!!