I don't like this week at all! There are many changes that have happened this week that the B fam is not taking very well. This will be a very wordy post, sorry!!
First DB is working the late shift. It is great having him home in the mornings so that I can get lunches made with out a screaming little girl following me around. But apparently he was told this morning that he could not drop the kids off anymore b/c they love him so much Hailey SCREAMS when he leaves!! Sweet that she loves her daddy but break your heart at the same time. Another negative of daddy working the late shift for some reason the kiddos have not been sleeping well. I mean like getting up in the middle of the night (BOTH OF THEM). Waking up before 6:00 am!!! This is not cool! Who ever took my children I want them back!!!
Second and the biggest this month (yesterday) was the one year anniversary of loosing DB's mom and best mother-in-law a girl could have. She was a wonderful person and her life was cut way to short. We rejoice that she is no longer in pain and has a new cancer free body in heaven but we morn the loss of a mother and grandmother. We hope that we can express to our children how wonderful their grandmother was and how much she loved them. They will never remember her except for the stories we tell. I am praying that since this first year is behind us we can start celebrating her life instead of grieving her loss. We have all death with this loss in different ways and are at different stages in our grieve. All we can do know is praise the Lord and rejoice in her life.
Third (ok this one is just for me)I have to move from the first office I started in 7 years ago at Gladney. This office and I have been through a lot. A fun year of just the two of us with a couch and rocking chair, to accepting and welcoming Holly in our our lives, then a few years later not so gracefully accepting another desk into our already small office. There have been many laughs, cries, and in depth discussions in this office. It and the people in it will be missed. OK I KNOW YOU ARE THINKING "Is she serious!" Yes, Yes I am. The D word is not in my vocab but I am guessing this is what it feels like. A team is breaking up parting ways. Effert will have to be made to stay connected. Ok that is enough I am good now. Time to move on!!
1 comment:
Emily, I totally know how you feel! We lost my sweet father-in-law two years ago and his birthday was yesterday, so we have done a lot of remembering lately. Stay strong! Find your strength in God and not in worldly things! I will be praying for you!
Post a Comment