Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Scripture Quilt

When I was pregnant with Malachi my dearest friend and her mother, the woman that taught me how to sew, made me a scripture quilt. A scripture quilt is a beautiful quilt with scripture embroidered on it so the baby can leave the hospital wrapped in scripture. Of course not finding out what we were having made this task a little more difficult and I thank them so much for pushing through and making a black and white quilt. It turned out beautiful. We had it with us at the hospital and Malachi's picture was taken on it for his hospital pictures and then he was covered in it when we left. This was probably the most precious and loving gift I could have received for my new little one.

Since that quilt I have helped make a friend one for her sister-in-law. I love sewing it is a huge stress reliever for me. I am not the type of person that gets upset if I mess up, I just redo it. So I enjoy sewing. My office mate's daughter is expecting in July and when I heard she was expecting I knew I would make her a scripture quilt. I started working on her quilt last Friday. Her shower is not for a couple of weeks but I was so excited to be sewing something fun, not clothes, that I just wanted to get it all done at once. So I started working on it again last night after Malachi went to bed and I finished about 2:00 am this morning. I think it turned out beautifully. I would love to make these to sell but I am afraid they would cost to much for a buyer, with all the material and time put into it. But if you are reading this post and would like to inquiry leave me a comment and email address and I will contact you.

I think the quilt turned out beautifully. I cannot wait for the little mama to be to see it.


1 comment:

The Reeves bunch said...

That is awesome! So cute!!