Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Girls Weekend

April 17th my sweet Granny turned 80. She is still as spunky as ever. May 1st my mom turns, hahaha, you didn't think I would really tell that one!:) So we had a girls weekend to celebrate their youthfulness. It was my Granny, mom, sister, niece, and myself. We headed to Fredericksburg. It was a great weekend of shopping, eating ice cream for me, and enjoying the ladies. We played a mean couple of rounds of the "paper game". Thank you to all the camping girls for introducing this game. We had a lot of laughs and crying during this game. This was a special weekend that was wonderful. Sorry no pictures.

This weekend was a very special one for myself and the fam. Not only b/c it was the first girl's weekend but it was the first time I had ever been away from Malachi over night. Also the first time for Daniel to have Malachi all by himself all weekend. I have to brag on my husband, from the wonderful phone calls I could tell they had a great weekend. And a busy one. Malachi helped daddy mow the lawn, which after he got his own lawn mower!! Man the kid had a blast, so I heard. I think they both survived the weekend. Daniel did not get much sleep b/c he was afraid he would not hear Malachi if he woke up. I actually even did well. It did not hit me until Saturday night when I called while Daniel was trying to get Malachi to sleep and they were reading his bed time book. "Kiss Goodnight" When I told Malachi "Kiss goodnight Malachi, Kiss goodnight!" That is when I lost it. I was ready to get home to my guys. I just thought the whole way home how the reunion was going to be. Malachi would see me and yell "Mommy", Daniel would give me a big huge. Well Malachi could have cared less b/c he just wanted to play with his friends. Daniel was ready to go hang out with the guys that were cooking lunch. So not the reunion I had pictured but it was still GREAT to see BOTH of my guys. I did eventually get my BIG HUG and "Mommy".

No comments: