Tuesday, October 14, 2008

GREATEST STATE FAIR EVER

Yesterday was Columbus day and Daniel had off, you know those bank people get the weird holidays. Luckily I was filming at the State Fair of Texas yesterday, so after lunch I picked up Daniel and Malachi and we headed to Dallas. The boys went off while I "worked". I met up with them in time to have an ice cream! Malachi really enjoyed the licks we let him have. It was not as hot as it could have been but still 85 is hot. There are only a few reason why I like to go to the fair, 1. eat a Fletcher's corn dog, 2. look at all the over priced cars, 3. eat funnel cake. So I checked off all my goals. I was going to try either a fried smore or strawberries dipped in chocolate covered in a waffle batter then fried!!! but by the time I had everything else we ate nothing fried sounded good. Daniel only has some of the same reason for going to the fair as I do 1. eat a corn dog, 2. eat a funnel cake 3. got Cotton candy - we didn't do this. 4. test drive the Chevy Silverado. We did add in a few more foods then what was on our list. We had some ice cream and four frozen lemonades. We did end up at the Chevy testdrive area. We both drove the Chevy Silverado, which was a blast b/c they had an off road course set up. Then we all got in the new chevy suv, it was ok but the best part was that Malachi fell asleep during the test drive. We had a trooper that day, he was so good. He wanted us to hold him every once and a while but for the most part sat in his stroller. We headed to the car after grabbing some more frozen lemonade and went home. Malachi slept the whole way home and didn't even move when we put him to bed. He slept until 6:30 this morning. Wow the boys was faired out. I realized I didn't get a picture of us in front of big Tex so next year watch out Big Tex hear we come!

No comments: