Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One of those days

I know I have some Easter post and a couple others that I need to work on but today was one of those days that I need an outlet. We all have those mornings that you wish God would allow you to have a REDO! You know when one or both of the kiddos do not want to get dressed, eat what you give them for breakfast, or be looked at. That is our mornings this week. We had a FUN weekend and that has caused the smaller Behrens family members to have some rough mornings. Ok if i am truthful it has caused this Mama to have some hard mornings as well.

Yesterday Hailey screamed from the time I got her dressed, b/c she did not want to get dressed, till the time I drove away from daycare. Yes top of her lungs screaming! Way to make a mama feel good pretty girl!

This morning was no different. M got up had to get a bath, check, breakfast, check, sister up and happy, not happening. All due to the fact that she did not sleep from about 11:00 pm till 1:00 or 2:00 am. Not a good night. You would think our meltdown this morning would have been with this precious little angel, but you guessed wrong. It was with the up early, bathed, and fed boy. M decided when we left the house that his shoes did not feel right on his feet. I stayed calm and checked them all out when we got to school, mind you we were on time!! WOW that never happens. Nothing wrong with his shoes. We sat in the car for a good 10 min of him kicking his shoes off every time I put them back on. All he could say was they don't feel right! UGH!!! I assured him that he would not have to wear them ever again but that is all he had today. Since we were causing a scene in the parking lot we moved it into the bathroom where we continued our face off of the shoes. MAMA WON!!! shoes were on his feet and he went to class, pretty sure he was crying when I left him though. But it did not stop there H cried from the time I dropped her off and I could still hear her screaming when I left.

GOD we really need REDOs some morning and this morning would have been a great time. A good cry on the way to work usually releases that moment that I want to forget and it worked. The day has gotten better but still in a bit of a funk. Tomorrow has to be better!!!

No comments: