Thursday, April 26, 2012

He Has RISEN

This Easter M was a great age to go into the details of what Easter is really about. In AWANAs I asked my kiddos what Easter was about and I got one response that unnerved me "CANDY". Man that child was way off. I decided this year M was going to get the full picture of Easter. Luckily he was getting it at home and school. He came home one day telling me Jesus is like a Marshmallow and that he went into the tomb and then "HE IS RISEN!" The pure joy in his voice and on his face was wonderful. I knew what he was talking about b/c I was going to make something with him on Easter morning that apparently he just had at school that day. It was resurrection rolls.
They were pretty good. Daniel and I wanted to watch Passion of the Christ so we set the kiddos up in our room with a new movie and got prepared to see what our Lord and Savior did for us. M kept trying to come in there so we allowed him to watch bits and pieces that we knew he could handle. He was able to watch Jesus carry his cross through the streets and see him on up on the cross (don't worry we censured it for him). He was in awe of what Christ did for us and he fully knows that Christ died on the cross so that we do not have to. We can see him pulling together bits and pieces of what it trully means to know his Lord and Savior. One day soon he will come to know him as his own savior and that will be a great day. Of course there was plenty of easter egg hunts and candy but I think we did a pretty good job getting across the real meaning of Easter. This was H's first year to really get Egg Hunts. Their first one was at school. I went up to see them and the look on H's face when she saw all the eggs was priceless.
She was so excited but of course she went looking for the pink and purple eggs.
She was pretty stinkn excited about her loot. Next was the pro. M was very excited and I am not sure what he was thinking but he took off when he was able to and just started running. He got himself a pretty good amount of eggs.
I will end this part of Easter with one more picture and will continue the Easter fun in another post.

No comments: