Thursday, April 5, 2012

Camping in Texas is Never Boring

This last weekend we heading out to Fort Richardson in Jacksboro. We enjoy taking the little one or two hour trips. We went with our camping buddies and our new friends.

Saturday morning we got up and heading out to go fishing.


It was a good time until the kiddos got a little bored so we heading into the rangers station to check out the tshirts and other fun items. and check out some blue bonnets. When we got back DB was trying out a new fishing pole we got him. It did not end well for him!! He headed to the Jacksboro ER to get the fishing hook out of his finger.

Ok so after that excitement we went through the old buildings that were still standing from the Fort. It was great to walk through and we all fell in love with one of the old homes and decided we would love to live in it!! DREAMS!!! Since the weather was pretty we even took a dip in the water. Malachi was good with the water, but H just wanted to dig in the sand.

We of course had some smores and I even played in a washer tournament. I have to say that I was paired with a very handsome man, but I did score all of our points!!

We had a great path behind our camp spot that led to our friends spots. There was a little "cave" in the rocks that Little Miss H thought was great.


So the excitement did not end with the ER visit. Sunday morning we went on a little hike that would cross a few streams so the kiddos were set with their water boots. Our group consisted of 4 adults, 1 two year old, 1 four year old, and 3 dogs. I was leading this wonderful group of miss fits! By the grace of God He lead me long the right side of our path. Mr. Lee and Faith followed behind and very quickly noticed something that was not welcomed. A RATTLE SNAKE!!! Yes I had walked right by it, Faith had kicked it and it decided to curl up. I very quickly surveyed the area ahead to get Harley and I out of striking zone. Lee handed faith off and grabbed another walking stick. It did not rattle until after Lee pinned it down. It was a mutual decision that the snake needed to be taken care of and not just let back into the woods. So it was taken care of and Malachi saw how easy it is to walk up on a snake and how dangerous it is as well. Our brave guy took a closer look once things were safe.

We did have a pretty good weekend with all the excitement. Harley even enjoyed himself a great deal. I am pretty sure he would have been happy if we would have left him in his sunny spot.

No comments: