Friday, July 30, 2010

Mom of the Year Award

This week has been a crazy busy week and gone way to fast for the liking but that will have to be another post.

So on to the point in time where I was nominated for "Mom of the Year Award." It was Tuesday morning, Malachi and I headed out to the Mall to hunt down some items needed for later in the week. We bought what we needed, got some cookies for my little guy and a drink. We then headed to the play area. My guy had fun sliding and crawling through tunnels. It has been a long time since it was just my guy and me. We were having a blast until it all happened. We were leaving the mall and Malachi was being a boy and ran out the door and hit his head on the lock, it started bleeding. "I want my Bo" is what I heard over and over. So we ran to the car to get his blanket and head home, so we thought. While putting Malachi into the car some how I hit the lock button on my remote. I quickly hit the button again to unlock it so I thought. Yes at this point you all know where I am going with this. I put my purse and KEYS into my seat while I buckled Malachi into his car seat. I shut the door and went to open mine. THIS IS THE MOMENT MY NOMINATION WHEN INTO THE COMMITTEE. I then quickly started trying to talk Malachi through unbuckling his car seat. So this is something all parents do not want their child to know how to do so we don't teach them. But at this moment I was rethinking this idea.

I tried every door and nothing was budging. Malachi was a trouper and got the chest buckle undone but could not get the lap one. So I was thinking I am going to have to leave him in the car, go inside and get someone to call the security person. At that moment God sent by the courtesy patrol women. She called the non-emergency number and then informed me that they would send out the fire department along with the ambulance and police department. Shortly like with in 1 min a motorcycle officer showed up then a car showed up and then the fire engine showed up. Malachi at this time was sweating and looking like he was in the shower.

The Firemen work at getting him out with some help of the EMTs. Luckily Malachi was probably only in the car for 6 minutes at the most and they did not have to brake the window!!! The whole time I am checking on Malachi and this is how our conversation when. M "mommy what they doing?" E "they are getting you out" M "Why" E "because I locked you in the car" M "why you do that mommy!!" Yes why did I do this!!

They quickly got him out and he got a drink, a sticker, and told all the men THANK YOU. They hung around a little bit to make sure he was okay and then they went on their way.

Malachi fell asleep on the way home. He now has a GREAT story to tell later on.

So fast forwad to yesterday and the story now has guns involved. So who knows what it will have next week.

No comments: