Monday, July 12, 2010

I Scream U Scream We All Scream for Ice Cream

Summer has hit hard this year. We hit 100 degrees in early June maybe even at the end of May. This means there are only a few hours of the day that you could spend outside comfortably but really who is up at 2:00 AM?

Today after work I had dinner made pretty early so Daniel decided to take the kiddos to the park. We went to a small park that both of the kiddos could have fun on. Malachi had the run of the place for a while. We usually have to push Malachi down the slide the first time and then he is good but today he was all over them. He had fun with daddy chasing him and laying on the marygoround. Hailey had some fun of her own on the swing and then sliding down the baby slides with a little help!!

Then we decided to go for a walk. We found a very cool bridge over a little stream. Ok I will not lie I could just see Hailey and I going into the water so we sent the boys over first. They thankfully made it across so it was then the girls turn. Not as bad as I was expecting! We found some horses which Malachi was dying to go pet. Then we found another little trail that went down by the water. It was fun walking by the water, we just wish we had taken Harley so he could have had some fun splashing around.

On our way back to the playground Daniel and I heard a familiar tone, the ICE CREAM MAN!! So Daniel ran back to the car to get some money so that Malachi could have his first ice cream man experience. He picked a "SpiderMan" sickle.

So the whole experience wasn't what we thought it would be like. Malachi took a couple of licks and was done and wanted our cherry chiller. So Hailey got to enjoy some "SpiderMan". Ok so this picture doesn't really look like she is enjoying it. It was bed time and she was hungry. So we pushed the little girl a little to long!!

We made it home with two very sticky kiddos that had fun at the park.

No comments: