This weekend has been long and eye opening for me. We have some friends that moved to NC and he was just diagnosed with cancer. So six guys from our Sunday school class loaded up in the burb and head to NC on Friday around 4:00 pm. They are on their way back now and will get in around 5:30 or 6:00 am. These guys are wonderful. I am sure there are many stories from the weekend and some that might just stay between them.
Here at home, my sister came in for the weekend. We stayed up some Friday night sewing but went to bed pretty early. Saturday our Granny came over, or as we heard over 100 times from Malachi "Ganny"!!!! We went shopping and ate a yummy lunch. Malachi was a trooper and even took a little nap in the car. It was not near long enough so the evening was a little trying. We decided to wear him our by going to Chick-fil-A. He has never played on any of those play places like that. I thought we were going to have to call 911 to get this big fat preggo women out of the play set! Malachi's legs were a few inches to short to climb up on his own so I did it once and thought oh heavens this will be fun telling Daniel about after 911 gets me out of here. Luckily I was able to get free from the grasps of the plastic set.
Malachi actually went down around 8:30 for the night at 1:00 am he started crying but went right back to sleep. Yes I was up till about 2:30 sewing for myself for a change, well for the new baby. By 3:00 am Malachi was crying again and was not going back to sleep. I got him and put him in bed with me. This did not solve the problem. I am not sure what was wrong but the little man's change of routine or lack of daddy was setting in. We both slept about another hour off and on through out the rest of the night. You would think he would have had a great nap this afternoon but no, only about an hour and a half. Enough for me to finish one project. We had a nice walk in this beautiful weather and his mood changed.
I have said all of this to reflect on the weekend and see how much my husband means to me. I do not tell him enough or express how much he means to me and how blessed I am to have him as a husband and a father to our children. My appreciation of him and everything he does for me and Malachi has grown greatly over this weekend.
With the new adventure of the sewing business Daniel has occupied Malachi on many evenings so that I could get things done. I did not realize how much this really meant to me until this weekend when I had projects to get done and Malachi wanting to help in every step of the process. Our lives are about to get crazier with the new little one and I know that I can lean on my husband when I am down and tired. He is my husband, best friend, and soul mate. I love him more each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment