We went home and planted out little seeds in their new home, the Jiffy cups, and let them be for the next 4 weeks. Every day they were checked and tested to see if they needed water. Then it happened little green things started popping up out of the soil. Time to plant them in the ground.
We knew we needed to have a fence around the garden b/c we had seen evidence of something trying to eat the plants at night. Not a good thing for our new little veggies. So we got some fencing from the farm and re purposed a iron gate for the doorway. DB did a WONDERFUL job tilling the ground, adding the soil and putting up the fence.
Then our little veggies made their way into their new home. It has been a lot of fun going out each day to see how big they have grown.
We decided to start off trying to grow: green beans, squash, sweet banana peppers, a mild jalapeno pepper, 2 versions of tomatoes, and watermelon. We might be in over our head and have no clue what we are doing but we are having fun.
I wish I would have taken pictures from the beginning. Oh well we will have to start hear and see how our little garden grows.
3 comments:
Ok, you and Jessica are just little farmers. I am so impressed and inspired.
K.Law
I like your garden.
Bill and I are trying this year also -- tomatoes, peas, cucumbers, green beans, potatoes, broccoli and strawberries. You can see pics on my blog http://janmuske.wordpress.com
Keep us posted how yours turns out.
I love it! We should start a food co-op LOL
Post a Comment