Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby Dedication

This post is way past due but I was looking back and realized I did not post about Hailey's Baby dedication.

On November 15, 2009 Daniel and I dedicated Hailey Abigail Behrens to the Lord. We promised to raise her in a Godly home and show her God's love.

This day turned out to be extra special. I received an email earlier in the week to see if we would do the dedication in the earlier service. None of our family would be able to be there so we said sure. The pastor's sermon was talking about children. So he wanted at least one child in the first service.

As a parent at our church when it comes to baby dedication you hope that your child is the one that the pastor holds during his prayer. Well since we were the only ones during that hour we were a go on that. Before the service started we were joking with our pastor and his wife about if they ever needed a grandbaby fix they could take ours and we asked if they wanted them for the afternoon! Just joking kiddos!! So after the dedication and the prayer the pastor turned to us and asked if he could keep her, we thought he was joking. Daniel had already walked off but I was still standing there and he turned and said I am not joking. So Dr. Marr held Hailey for the first ten minutes of the service, while he was talking about being children of the Lord.

This was very sweet and memorable. That is why I cannot believe I did not post about it. So here it is and now written for our memories later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so special! Thanks for posting about it! I wish we would have thought to get Eli dedicated when we were in the states at a ch. Oh well, maybe we can throw him up there when we are on stateside, he will be a little over 2 then but its never to late to dedicate them right!!!

Db & Em said...

Rachel, you are so right. It is funny b/c I look back at pictures from those first three months and think wow I look so tired, and you know I probably was!!! So not the best picture but o'well.