As you have children date nights become more rare. Little man is so active that we feel bad having someone watch him right now. If we go out we take him with us.
About three weeks ago we attempted to go to a Rangers game but it was rained out so we had the tickets that we could exchange for a different game. We had both heard that Casting Crowns was going to be having a pre-game concert this last Saturday. If you bought tickets to the game then you also were able to go to the concert. Two other couples were interested in going so we had a triple date on Saturday. The concert started at 5:00 so I was a little worried what we were going to do with Malachi. I knew it would be a long day for someone to watch him b/c the game would probably not be over until 10:00. So I called my Granny, she was dieing to see Malachi so she jumped at the opportunity to come over and watch him. Granny is a fun great grandma. We left Malachi and Granny having a pillow fit in the living room. What more could a boy ask for.
We picked up one of the couples and headed to the concert. IT WAS GREAT! The sound was so clear. We could not see the stage b/c of the amount of people that attended but knowing that there were so many believers there was a great feeling. Then the game was great as well the Rangers won and we got to see fireworks b/c some of the guys hit home runs. OH and I must not forget the Nachos. Heaven in my mouth.
On our way back home Daniel reached over and took my hand and said we had a date. I thought wow I did not even realize it but I think that was our first date since Malachi was born. It was nice and relaxing to be with other couples and spend time with each other at an event that we both enjoy.
When we got home both Malachi and Granny were sound asleep. THEY HAD A BLAST AS WELL!
No comments:
Post a Comment