Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Mother's Thoughts

When you are expecting your little one, everyone tells you to cherish every moment because they grow up way to fast. Well of course this is true and you learn this very early on in your child's life. As your child gets old you start to understand what it means to cherish the small moments. For me Malachi has grown so much, he no longer needs help down into the living room and his little sounds are starting to form into words.

Every once and a while I look at him and think wow he is still so small but then the next second he looks like a big boy. The time that he seems to be the smallest is when he is sleeping. Since my bundle of Joy is not sleeping through the night I get to see him at his smallest point of the day. He looks like he is fresh from the hospital and so peaceful. These are moments that I take mental pictures of and store them away.

I started thinking about this topic yesterday when I was driving Malachi to daycare. He is now in a front facing car seat so I can turn around and see his precious face. I looked back yesterday morning and he had his legs curled up almost underneath him and was very tired. This was one of those moments that I thought wow he looks so tiny. I would have a picture of it but I did not think taking a picture while driving down the highway would be a good idea. I waited till we got to Gigi's house to take the picture. (will come tomorrow, forgot camera at home) By that time funny thing happened he turned into a big boy again. I know this is my mother eyes playing tricks on me but man I love the tiny moments.

Ok I know I have not had many pictures lately. I do have some cute ones I will add tomorrow.

No comments: