Every year the Behrens take a family vacation over Memorial week. So after the lake house we headed to La Grange for a family picnic and then we all got back in the car and headed to Fredericksburg. This was the first time for all of use to go to Fredericksburg. Daniel and I sent my parents there for Christmas, they had fun. I have to say Malachi was a trooper in the car. I know he probably was tired of the car seat by now, or at least I would have been. We ate at a German restaurant the first night. I was not adventures and just got a club sandwich. It was very good though. The next day we headed off for a day of shopping. It was fun but we realized next time we do something like that to bring a smaller stroller or carry Malachi. Daniel sat out side of each store with Malachi while I went in and shopped. I was proud I did not buy that much THAT DAY!! Daniel found a great soda shop where they had the most amazing toffee!! MELT IN YOUR MOUTH!
That night we took Malachi swimming after the sun went down. He did not like it one bit. He would have rather been in his nice a warm bath water.
On Tuesday we all got up and went to a Peach Orchard. That was the best part of the trip. We picked black berries, strawberries, and peaches. The experience was a blast and we will never forget that time. Pictures of the orchard will be posted later.
So we made it back home finally after stopping at my parents house to pick up Harley from his vacation with the G-parents!! He had fun playing with his cousin dogs! Malachi by the time we got home was about tired of us putting him in that car seat, and I do not blam him.
No comments:
Post a Comment