Our sweet little Harley was seeming sick back in November. So I took him in for a check up and shots and we heard the dreaded news that he was heart worm positive. OKAY I know the worst doggy parents ever. We had not been giving him any preventative treatment for heart worm. He did test negative 6 months earlier. When I first heard I thought ok lets do treatment and he will be good right? Well it is more involved then just do treatments. We did 3 months of preventative and he just had his first round of shots with two more rounds to go. Now he has to stay calm and quiet for 30 days!! REALLY Good thing he is OLD.
It has been a week and it is nerve racking and stressful. Every move he makes we get worried. We watch his breathing, his movements, and his noises. I heard from the Vet yesterday that this is the mildest case of heart worm he has ever seen. Which means Harley only has 2-5 worms!! What a blessing. I was not sure I could handle knowing everything I saw on the internet might be happening to our first little buddy.
Hailey has always been a fan of Harley's and goes the same way with Harley being a fan of Hailey's. Maybe it is b/c their names are so close!! J/K. But since all of this has happened she has been so much more in tune to him and wants to love on him all the times. We are praying for a full and fast recovery for our buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment