Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The BIG 30

Oh yes people this post is way over due!  I am going to play some catch up so here we go.

No better way than to start with me turning the BIG 30! 

Last summer I saw something about the Blue Man Group coming to Bass Hall.  I told Daniel that is what I wanted for my birthday so my wonderful husband made it happen.  He got tickets for us and some great friends. 

On the big day I took the kiddos to Vacation Bible School and heading to go get a new hair style for the big 30.  This very happy and excited girl was soon very unhappy with the new 30 year old me!!  My hair was blond, brown, red, - picture a leopard!!!  It was not exactly the look I was going for. 

But it was on to bigger and better things for the evening.  Nanny was in town to watch the kiddos so we headed out to pick Hailey up from school.  Another unexpected twist in the day - when I put the car in park it felt funny! The stick shift said "P" but the car was far from being in park.  We started rolling backwards.  Luckily I have a great mechanic or my parents to in another town!! We called him up and he informed me that my shifter just broke and there was no way to drive the car.  The car was towed to a mechanic and we rushed home for Daniel to cook a steak dinner and shower off quickly to make it to the show!!!

WE MADE IT TO THE SHOW!!!

With some great friends!
 
 
The show was less than exciting.  There were a few parts that we enjoyed but overall the show was a big of a flop for me.  Maybe I was just so excited about the whole day and hoping for the ending to be MUCH better than the rest!!!
 
 
We did end the night on a sweet note!  Yes Christie and I ate it all!!!
 
 
Here is to praying God blesses the rest of the year!


No comments: