That was at 7:45pm on September 18th - two days before our little bundle was due. We called my parents and they headed our way. Daniel made sure I was settled in and then ran home to check on Harley and get our bags. All I can remember is that I wanted him to get back fast b/c I could not get drugs until he got there. At 10:30 pm I got my epidural (I know some of you ladies are thinking WIMP. THAT IS RIGHT!!! I was comfy after that)
The night was uneventful on my part. I slept off and on in between nurses coming in to check on both of us. Some time the next morning my doctor made her appearance and got things moving. At 8:00 am on September 19th our lives changed FOREVER! Malachi Brice Behrens was born. We had our son and were over joyed.

The first year had many ups and downs. It is known that Malachi was not the easiest baby in town. He was very social at night (for 14 months). We both had our dance and song down to get him to sleep every night. But in all of that he was precious, sweet, and full of love.
He has grown into a fun, energetic little boy. His heart is still full of love for his family and some special friends. I know now we are in the middle of the "terrific threes" but we will look back years from now and wonder where did our little boy go.
No comments:
Post a Comment