Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What the Dr. Ordered

Saturday we had a fun family day. Daniel was able to go hunting this hear and so we needed to go to Stephenville to pick his dear up. We did not want to make the kiddos be in the care for 2 hours and not doing anything fun while we were there. So we drove just a little bit further and went to Dublin, Texas. If you don't know, this is the home of the first bottling plant of Dr. Pepper. They still bottle Dr. Pepper today there once a month and it is still made with the real cane sugar. If you have never had a Dublin Dr. Pepper you are missing out. WAY BETTER then the stuff you buy in the stores. If you are ever in Dublin or close by you can pick up the Dr. Pepper made with the cane sugar at the grocery stores.

We took the tour of the bottling plant, ok it is two rooms!! We also got to go around the musuem and see some older items of Dr. Pepper and other products that they make. It was pretty interesting to see how it used to be done.
As I said they only bottle once a month and this is due to the fact that the machine is pretty old and there is no manuel and there is only one man that knows how to fix it if something happens.

Malachi did get his first taste of GOOD Dr. Pepper.
It was fun for Daniel and I and Malachi even did well. Hailey got her first "I'm A Pepper" Sticker.

We had a great day and enjoyed creating memories for our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to go to Dublin all the time for Dr. Pepper! I had to pass Dublin on my way to HPU (Brownwood) from Fort Worth or on my way back to Fort Worth from HPU. So any time I was driving home I would pick up a drink and enjoy the rest of the drive! The Dr. Pepper floats are a great treat as well!