We went all weekend thinking it was going to happen and neither of us slept that great. Daniel did not sleep well b/c he was affraid I would go into labor in the middle of the night. Since nothing happend my mom planned to come in Monday night to be home with Malachi when we went to the hospital. Since I could not eat anything after midnight Daniel took me out for steak on Monday evening. It was a great date. Malachi had fun playing with friends. We got home and packed bags and got ready to head to the hospital at 4:45am.
Tuesday morning Daniel and I were ready to head to the hospital. Malachi woke-up b/c he heard us moving around so we got to say goodmorning to him. He was not sure about Mommy and Daddy leaving so early. We got to the hospital, checked in and got into our delivery room. They started the medication at 7:45 am. My doctor came in some time around 9:00. That is when my contractions really started. I was going to try to keep going as long as I could before getting drugs. I lasted until around 10:00. I felt if I could be comfortable why not. So I got the epidural. It was not as bad as the one I had with Malachi. I was feeling good and even took about a 30 min nap. I felt that everything had stopped and was a littl worried. When they did my epidural I was not that far along at all. It was a little before noon and Daniel and my mom were getting hungry. So I told him to run to a little mexican food place he saw next to the hospital. About 10 min after he left the room my nurse came in and I asked if we could turn down the Epidural b/c I felt that it was slowing things down. She checked and I was at a 10 and the baby was ready to come THEN!! So my mom called Daniel and he told the cooks that I was about to deliver so they fixed his food and he sprinted back to the hospital. He got there just in time to take some breathes and get prepared for our little one's arrival.
My doctor strolled in because she did not believe that the baby was ready. When she got there the baby was devinetly ready. Less then one push and our little one arrived. I remember asking what we had and Daniel told me it was a girl. I was SHOCKED!! I love this little girl but man I was expecting another boy. I think I even asked what are we going to do with a girl. Hailey Abigail Behrens had arrived.
Our little girl weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 inches long. With a full head of black hair. Daniel went out and got Malachi so that he could see his new baby sister. He has been telling us for months that he was going to have a sister. So no surprise to him. He came in and sat on the bed with me and wanted to hold is sister. He was very precious. We called the grand parents that were not able to make it to the hospital and then Malachi went and told my mom, sister, and neice and nephew that he had a baby sister.
We are home now and everything is going well. Malachi is adjusting to being a big brother, Daniel is a great father to both of the kiddos and I am adjusting to motherhood of two.
No comments:
Post a Comment