Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sick Child

All of your Mother's out there know exactly how I feel this week. Malachi started having a little cough this last weekend. He was also pulling at his ear. Daniel and I both thought he had an ear infection, which would have been his first. Since he was teething last week we thought all of this could be b/c of the teeth. Well Sunday evening Malachi was not his cheerfull self so he went on to bed. Monday morning was a rough morning so I was waiting to call the doctor. I work for a company that uses the same pediatrician that Malachi has so they actually called me for work related items. They were able to get Malachi in at 10:30 yesterday morning. What a Blessing! So I took off work and we headed to the Doctor. I was expecting to be told he had an ear infection and a cold. Well he does have a cold but no ear infection, just a little wax!! So one out of two that we thought is great! Well not so fast, Dr. P did not like how his chest sounded so we started a breathing treatment in the office and we are now the proud owners of a nebulizer! Malachi was a trouper in the office and at home for his first couple of treatments. This morning was another story.

It started with lastnight at dinner Malachi did not want to eat (he has not eaten food since thursday). So Daniel and I both inhaled our food so that we could tend to Malachi. Bed time came shortly after dinner, a very nice thing b/c I was tired from all the running around, doctor, target, lunch with Dad :), target to pick up medicine, then finally home!!

So Malachi went to bed around 9:00, I fell asleep around 10:00. 11:00 am was my first wake-up call from the little guy. I laid in bed thinking he will go back to sleep, WRONG! He was up and ready to go. So he ate a little and finally went back to sleep. I do not know what it is but I think every child has a sensor that goes off every time you get back into bed and find the comfortable spot. So Malachi was back up. At that time he was wide awake and I thought, God either make him fall asleep or ease his discomfort so I can rock him to sleep. Finally after about an hour Malachi relaxed enough that I could rock him. I never knew the Cosby Show was on at 2:00 in the morning. We watch the Cosby shower and Malachi finally fell asleep at 3:00 AM.

I have incredible respect for all the working mother's out there that take care of their sick child all night, then feel horrible to drop them off at day care b/c they have to go to work not knowing how good of a day your child is going to have, and know that you will probably do it all over again that next night! STAY STRONG ALL OF YOU WORKING MOMs.

For all you Stay at Home moms Enjoy the time at home you have with your child. I can also see where you have it hard too. After Malachi's breathing treatment this morning it took a good 45 min for him to calm down. I think I cried just as much as he did! But I did know that I was going to work for a little bit and so I would have some escape from it all for a few hours. Stay at Home Moms are there 24/7 with no escape! You All ROCK!!

No comments: