Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Six Flags - Two Thumbs Up

I got to have a great date with my little guy this past week. We were blessed to get tickets to Gladney night at Six Flags. The whole park is open just for this event so imagine the longest line I waited in was 5 min. Oh Yea the only way to go to Six Flags. Malachi has always said he wanted to go on roller coasters. He got his first chance at the Fort Worth stock show and Rodeo. It was a very small coaster but he enjoyed it and it fired up the desire to ride more in his risk seeking personality. So when this opportunity came up I knew a date night was in order. I did not tell him until the day before b/c I knew he would be way to excited to control for much longer. So on the way to church Wednesday night I told him we had a date for Thursday. He very excitingly asked if I could tell him what it was. I told him all I could say is that there will be roller coasters. He was so excited I thought he could have probably popped out of his car seat and pushed the car to church with all the excitement. He got more excited when he asked if it was like the Rodeo and I told him even better all that is there is roller coasters. The next morning he had forgotten about it but once reminded he was very excited and apparently told EVERYONE he saw on Thursday that he was going to six flags. I picked him up a little early and we headed off to this dream land for Malachi. We were going to eat first and then hit some rides but there were a few right at the entrance that he could ride so we hopped on. Remember NO LINES!!! His first roller coaster was a bobsled type ride and I have to say not the best choice for the first one due to it being very bumpy. But it did not scare him off he wanted to do more. We rode a few water rides and little guy did get pretty wet, as in a wave engulfed him. I think his favorite was the mini mind train - we rode it 3 times. He was able to drive an antique car.
He could not stop talking about the Yosemite Sam ride, even though he told me it was creepy b/c it was in the dark.
He also enjoyed some of the smaller rides in Looney Toon Town.
We met up with Lee and Julie.
Julie was done riding rides so I was able to ride some of the larger rides with Lee. YEA for the thrillers!! And then we all got to ride the Bateman Plains.
And then we ended the night with a Carousal ride. Malachi and Lee were racing Julie and I but I lost b/c Malachi's horse apparently ate me per Malachi!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh how fun!!! Looks like you had a great time! We can't wait to take Eli to Six Flags sometime when we are back in the states!