Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good Night Sleepy Head

This is an update to my sleeping post a while back. So I know I said I would start the tough love while Daniel was gone. I COULD NOT WAIT it started the night I wrote the post. I just let Malachi cry when he woke up. I think he woke-up a couple of times during the night. During the rest of the week he would still wake up but only cry for a few minutes and then go back down. No it has been almost a month and he is doing great. Yes there are still at least one to two nights a week that he wakes up at 3:00am but I just let him cry and he goes right back to sleep. I do give in every once and a while if his cry is really off and doesn't sound right, we usually end up sleeping on the couch the rest of the night b/c he will not go into his bed. SLEEP IS BACK! It is so nice what a full nights rest will do for a girl. Now it seems that I want to go to bed as soon as he does so that I can get in more sleep. Thanks for all the prayers on this one.

On another sleeping note. Malachi has never really been a napper and now he is taking at least one two hours nap at daycare.

1 comment:

JimKels said...

so wonderful to hear it! Wesleigh has nights every now and then where he wakes up at crazy hours crying...I just take him a sippy cup with some milk in it, and that does the trick like magic at our house! They say that when kids are getting the right amount of sleep that everything works right, maybe that is why he is napping better now...he has found his balance of day and night sleep! I am so happy for you!! You definately learned a parenting lesson the hard way...at least when you have #2 you won't have to learn the same lesson again! I know it was a long hard, exhausting road, and I am so glad that things are so much better now!! Get some good rest!! And think of me as I am up with a newborn!!